Grapefruit Seed Extract Preservative (GSE)
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
- Recommended Use & Storage
Grapefruit Seed Extract is primarily derived from the seeds and membranes of the grapefruit. Please note that this product contains gluten free glycerine as a base and synthetic ascorbic acid for adjusting the pH.
Grapefruit Seed Extract is used primarily as an antioxidant in oil serums and creams. It has become increasingly popular as a 'natural' preservative in DIY products, though it is important to understand that Grapefruit Seed Extract is not in itself a full-spectrum preservative. In fact, botanical ingredients that are touted as natural, once used with a water phase, must be preserved to keep microbial counts down to safe levels. A full-spectrum preservative would need to be added to achieve the desired results. As always, customers are advised to conduct their own trials to determine suitability for their purposes.
• Can be used in a wide variety of personal care formulation for reliable preservation.
• Soluble in water and alcohol and organic solvents.
• Compatible with most cosmetic raw materials.
• Recommended use levels in a finished formulation is 0.1 to 1.0%.
• The most effective range is the 1.5 – 3.0 when the GSE is in its purest form, but it works out of that range as well.
Storage: Keep in a cool dry location away from direct sunlight
Shelf Life: 24+ Months
INCI: Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract (and) Glycerin.