Freeze Dried Avocado Pit Powder
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
This rich green avocado powder takes 10lbs of avocados to make 1lb of powder. This Freeze Dried Whole Avocado Seed Powder is produced with great attention to the quality and ripeness of the avocados. Other mass produced Avocado Seed powders are produced by dehydration and exposed to oxygen in the atmosphere. Freeze dried Avocado Pit powder is produced by removing the moisture from the pit in its whole form under a vacuum without exposure to oxygen or high temperatures and then powdered, resulting in the maximum amount of beneficial nutrients. Most avocado pit powder is an orange color from the way its exposed to oxygen, but ours in an off white to tan color from no oxidation.
1. Show Promising Antitumor Activity According to the Leung’s Encyclopedia of Common Natural Ingredients, the avocado seed contains biscatechin, a condensed flavanol. One study isolated biscatechin from avocado seeds and tested in mice and rats. The biscatechin was shown in vitro to have antimicrobial activity and antitumor effects on the animals. (4) Another study published in the American Journal of Chinese Medicine noted catechin as a flavanol that offers various health benefits, such as neuroprotection, antioxidation, antitumor and antihepatitis characteristics. The falvanol shows that is is capable of suppresses inflammation in possible cancerous cells. (5)
2. Great Antioxidant Source Did you know that the avocado seed is a great antioxidant? According to a study performed at the National University of Singapore, the avocado seed offers more antioxidant activity than some more commonly eaten fruit parts. In fact, the study shares that the seeds may actually contain more than 70 percent of the antioxidants found in the entire fruit. That makes the avocado seed a powerful antioxidant resource. (6)
3. May Help Patients with Alzheimer’s Alzheimer’s disease affects the brain and is considered one of the most neurodegenerative diseases on the planet. Many studies have been conducted to review the phytochemical contents of the avocado seed. An evaluation published in the Journal of Basic and Clinical Physiology and Pharmacology showed the evidence of saponins, alkaloids and terpenoids in the extracts of the avocado seed. According to the researchers, these phytochemicals may offer a natural approach to helping manage the affects of Alzheimer’s disease, concluding “The anti-cholinesterase and antioxidant activities of avocado leaf and seed could be linked to their phytoconstituents and might be the possible mechanisms underlying their use as a cheap and natural treatment/management of AD. However, these extracts should be further investigated in vivo.” (7)
4. Can Help Balance Cholesterol Levels The avocado seed is one of the top high-fiber foods on the planet, and we know fiber can help balance cholesterol levels. That may be why research shows avocado seeds can lower cholesterol. Research from Penn State University’s Department of Food Science details the benefits the avocado seed has on cardiovascular health, noting: (8) Avocado seeds may improve hypercholesterolemia, and be useful in the treatment of hypertension, inflammatory conditions and diabetes. Seeds have also been found to possess insecticidal, fungicidal, and anti-microbial activities.
5. May Help Eliminate Microbial Growth The residue of the seed of the avocado is rich in polyphenols, making the seeds powerful antioxidants and antimicrobials. Among the polyphenols are catechin, epicatechin, and chlorogenic and protocatechuic acid. This residue has been applied to pork burgers in studies, showing the residue of the avocado seed to be effective in preventing oxidation and microbial growth. Another study showed the effects that ground avocado has on meat. For a period of eight days, ground beef was observed containing 0.5 percent seed powder and 0.1 percent of lyophilized extract. Little oxidation occurred meaning the protection was higher than 90 percent. To note, the study indicates that avocado oil, added directly to the pork burgers, had a similar effect. (11)
Orders Ship in 1-3 business days excluding postal holidays. Economy Shipping is USPS First Class for up to 1lb, USPS Priority for up to 20lbs, & UPS for larger orders.